Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Around the anniversary of the indecent that changed my life forever (a car accident I was damaged in when I was 17) , I like to reflect, normally it consists of a whole lot of self pity about all the things I missed out on that year, although I try to focus on the good days, well when it rolled around this year, I realized something, I don't feel sorry for myself anymore. I've accepted that I'm just going to have to move slower, and cry more than most people. I've accepted that I'm doing the best I can. I think I even forgive little Sera, for not grabbing the wheel, I just didn't think to do it, I didn't drive at the time.  (not that I can now, bum leg and all that.) This year is the first year that this has been okay with me. I mean really okay. I've blamed myself for years/ not really thought about it/ blamed myself. For the past few years I've been on a quest, to find out why I really hurt all the time, my body should have healed long, long ago, right? I have since been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, multiple chemical sensitivity, and gluten intolerance. (since I found out what tests to ask for, thanks for all the help doctors pfft.) I wanted to start this blog then, but I didn't have anything hopeful to say. I didn't have hope, I just knew I was going to die if I didn't try something different. Well now I feel different. I don't feel so hopeless, almost the opposite. Now I'm healing. I don't need doctors, I don't need drugs, this is my life.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sera, I saw you followed my blog and came to check out yours. I'm sorry that this time of year is usually hard for you but it's great that you're leaving behind that feeling of hopelessness and trying to be more positive. You must have gone through so much, so I hope you're ok :) xox

    ReplyDelete